Dear pfarrell,
Thanks for responding so quickly.  I assumed (always a good idea!) that
because there was no symbol in the system tray that it wasn't working.
But I tried it in Firefox and it loaded right up.

My second (of three that I know of) problem is that I use an Acommdata
USB hard drive to store my library.  The drive is accessible from
Ubuntu (I can see all of the music files) but the music library
selection doesn't show the /media/HD Part in its listing.  (My USB
drive has an annoying "feature"; a CD ROM partition with OpenOffice and
other apps irreversibly loaded.)

My third problem is that I can't figure out how to make Ubuntu see my
Linksys WRT54GS router, but that's an Ubuntu issue.

Any additional help is even more appreciated.

Thanks again,
buelligan

--
buelligan