odruud;288074 Wrote:
> ...when I use squeezecenter to locate my music files they are not
> recognized.  I can find them when using Computer as a explorer.  I have
> my music files both on the internal hard drive and on an external
> disc...

Not sure what you mean by 'they are not recognised'.  Do you mean that
when you 'access squeezecenter through Firefox' you do not see any
albums/artists/songs in the left-hand window?  I guess that must be
what you mean;  and, if so, it sounds like SqueezeCenter has not
scanned your music.

First, if you really need to have your music in two places, you need to
link them so that SC can find them. To do this, put a symbolic link in
the music folder on your hard drive, pointing to the music folder on
your external disc.

You then need to go to Server Settings in SC and enter the path to your
main music folder on your internal hard drive.

Then click the button to rescan your music library.

(I'm still using slimserver 6.5.3, so anyone using SC7 might wish to
correct my suggestions if the details about "Server Settings" are not
up to date.)

--
Diana