buelligan wrote:
> My second (of three that I know of) problem is that I use an Acommdata
> USB hard drive to store my library.  The drive is accessible from
> Ubuntu (I can see all of the music files) but the music library
> selection doesn't show the /media/HD Part in its listing.  (My USB
> drive has an annoying "feature"; a CD ROM partition with OpenOffice and
> other apps irreversibly loaded.)

On your Ubuntu on the top (usual place) there is a Places -> Computer
option that fires up something close to Windows Explorer. Do it and
drive around and see if you can find the files.

> My third problem is that I can't figure out how to make Ubuntu see my
> Linksys WRT54GS router, but that's an Ubuntu issue.

Sadly, wireless on Linux has a fair amount of black art to it.

Have you tried the System -> Administration -> network
and drove around in it? There are semi-friendly GUI setup stuff.

The best place for wireless support on general Ubuntu stuff is
http://www.ubuntu.com/support

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/