buelligan;287986 Wrote:
> ...My third problem is that I can't figure out how to make Ubuntu see my
> Linksys WRT54GS router, but that's an Ubuntu issue.

Although we've started talking about wireless, I'm still not clear how
your computer is connected to your router - is it connected with a
cable, or do you want to connect it by wireless?

Two issues:

1. The wireless connection between a squeezebox and your router is a
separate matter from how your computer connects to the router.
Assuming your routers is allowing wireless access, the squeezebox will
just connect to it when you input the details it asks for at startup.
But...

2. It's preferable to keep the wireless 'hops' between your computer
that's running Squeezecenter and the Squeezebox to a minimum, so a
wired connection between computer and router is better.

So, before we get into sorting out wireless networking for your
computer, please say whether you can wire your computer to your router,
and what happens if you do.

--
Diana