tony1tf;376248 Wrote:
> I've read everything I can find on the forums,but I am still unable play
> .m4a files (which I believe are also AAC files) on SC 7.3.1 on an EeePC
> 4G with Squeezebox Duet. Didnt work on 7.3 either, so I just upgraded
> to 7.3.1.
> I have mplayer installed, but the following edits to
> custom-convert.conf:
>
> ape wav * *
>       [mplayer] -novideo -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/4 $FILE$ 4>&1
> 1>/dev/null
> alc wav * *
>       [mplayer] -novideo -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/4 $FILE$ 4>&1
> 1>/dev/null
> mov wav * *
>       [mplayer] -novideo -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/4 $FILE$ 4>&1
> 1>/dev/null
>
> cause SC to hang at first (seemed to recover later) but didnt help to
> play m4a files.
> I do not understand how to download and where to put the codecs etc.
> such as faad2 and lame. Is there anywhere a simple guide to setting up
> SC 7.3.1 on a linux machine. I looked in the SC settings from my
> browser and the file types settings for AAC are greyed out, so
> presumbly something is missing.
> Is it worthwhile phoning a help line? - havnt tried yet, but I guess
> its better to get the forum help first.

7.3 brought some changes to the convert.conf file that caught me out
also.  There are now capabilities that have to be specified.  If you've
overwritten your convert.conf grab a fresh one 'here'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6416&d=1229318366).
Just rename it to convert.conf and you'll have all of the new notes in
the file.

your line for mplayer should look something like:

mov wav * *
# FR
[mplayer] -novideo -ao pcm:file=/dev/fd/4 $FILE$ 4>&1
1>/dev/null

What you should do is create a custom-convert.conf with your filetypes
above so that your convert.conf doesn't get overwritten by your next
install of SqueezeCenter.

If your binaries for faad2 and lame are installed in /usr/local/bin
SqueezeCenter should have no trouble finding them.

--
4mula1

SqueezeCenter 7.3.1 + Solaris 10 x86: Because everything else would've
been easy!
'4mula1 on Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/4mula1)