Sorry 4mula1, I am still not having any success. I thought I might be
onto the right track when I saw that custom-convert.conf should be in
my /usr/share/squeezecenter directory rather than the one where
convert.conf is located. Moving it there still didn't work. I have
tried both with # FR and without it - no difference. I have attached
the current version of the file (.txt version). I can sort of see the
correct syntax from the convert.conf file but I still cannot see the
specific requirements and why other users ability to play .m4a files
also stopped with the 7.3 releases. I am still struggling to find
binaries for lame and faad2 (if indeed I need them).
Tony

|Filename: custom-convert.conf.txt                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6512|

tony1tf