streifenleopard wrote:
> Hi, I am still on PCP 1.21 on a RPI2.
> It's working without problems. However I considered an update. I haven't
> updated in a long time.
> Will newer versions consume more energy? I like to leave my RPI switched
> on all the time. Also I have a NAS running LMS and I don't want to
> change that. So I am sceptical about installing anything including LMS.
> The best version for me would probably be 2.02?
> Also, I forgot about how to update. I probably should rewrite the
> sd-card. Would this preserve my settings? Probably not. For me it is
> important that the RPI will have the same settings and the same address
> as before. How do I achieve this?
> Thanks for help!

If you are not having problems and are happy, they why update?   Most of
the updates were needed for new rpi boards and all of the i2s DAC cards.
As well as adding features.   If you hardware is old and don't care
about the new features.....then again why update.   Why would you think
2.02 would be best for you?

That being said, the base install is and has been kept to a minimum.
The later versions should be just as energy efficient as older
versions.

Settings would not be retained in a reflash, however you should be able
to backup your settings to USB, and then boot the new system with the
USB stick installed, and it should pull the settings accross.
Sometimes there are large enough config changes that you still need to
reconfigure.   I would keep your current card, and burn a new image to a
new card and play with it.   Easy to swap the cards to go back.