ralphy wrote:
> Sounds like the Defeat destructive Touch-To-Play in player setting.
> Have you recently upgraded from an older version of LMS as the default
> behaviour was changed.
>
> Try changing the setting to Do not defeat in the webgui.

Thanks for the suggestion Ralphy! ...but no go. I was previously running
7.7 of LMS due to bugs I had experienced in more recent community
versions, but just updated to 7.91 to see if would help with this issue.
Unfortunately setting player to Do Not Defeat (or any other destructive
Touch-To-Play setting) did not make any difference; I tested settings by
changing another item on the player page - Play Other Songs in Album -
and yes, the PiCorePlayer responded to the change.

It seems to me that the problem is related to the selected song holding
touch focus during and after the confirmation "Song Added" dialogue box
appears, so that a subsequent touch on the Now Playing button, while
detected, does not refocus the touched area on the Now Playing button -
but instead is interpreted as if the song selection was touched again.
What also makes it fairly obvious this is occurring is when selecting
the Now Playing button in the sequence described, the -song selection
momentarily highlights -as if touched.

I wonder why defeating destructive touch does not seem to be working?
While it wouldn't fix the bug, it would at least keep my playlist
intact.