I haven't seen one and I think the usage scenarios outlined by Gary are exactly what we want for an out of the box implementation.

With this latest update what is the status of getting the reorderer into uPortal 3? I'm going to be doing a milestone release today or tomorrow and then a RC as soon as possible after that. Once we do the RC we should be feature complete so getting a timeline on the reorderer is pretty important for my release date planning.

Thank you,
-Eric

Gary Thompson wrote:
Barbara,

Currently, portlets are locked and unlocked only by administrators. This keeps with main goal behind locking portlets, which is for institutions to ensure that certain content is prioritized in the layout.

I can't think of any scenarios where the general user would want to lock a portlet, and no scenarios of that type surfaced in my research.

Has anyone else come up with a scenario for the general user to lock a portlet?

Gary

Barbara Glover wrote:
Hi Gary
Does the user decide if a portlet is locked? Or is that the administrator? Or depends on the institution? Can a user unlock a portlet?

thanks
Barbara