Hi Anastasia,

The theme doesn't currently have any knowledge of whether the user is an
admin user or not.  At Yale, for the rare times that we need to use
admin-only UI features, we use the old preferences channel.  We never built
in the administrative controls for modifying channel/column/tab permissions,
so admins would currently need to use the built-in preferences channel to
lock and unlock channels anyway.  I wouldn't think this should come up often
though, since locked channels are supposed to be at the top of the column?
Eventually, it'd be great to have all the functionality of the preferences
channel imported into the AJAX UI, but up to this point I've focused more on
the end-user experience, since that functionality is used far more.

At this point, I've written all the code that should be necessary to create
the inital JSON data arrays.  I haven't written all the code to update these
arrays after items are dragged.  To do this, I need a better idea of exactly
what data the reorderer will return and how it will call the portal's
javascript method on drag completion.  Are you guys far enough along now
that you might be able to give me a sample of how this part will work?

- Jen

--
You are currently subscribed to uportal-dev@lists.ja-sig.org as: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]