On 08/11/06, Mark Heuymans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >Hello Mark
 >
 >> Vesa: does the Surface normal apply to a displaced surface? In other
 >> words, do slope-dependent materials work?
 >
 >Yes, they do.  Slope related features should be computed in the Surface
 >Propertes shader using Bump Normal, not Surface Normal.
 >
 >Thanks for the beautiful animation! I hope you do not mind if I put  it into
 >our web gallery?
 >

 >Best regards,
 >
 >Vesa

Of course, I'd be honoured!

Next, I'll add a flowmap (a simulated mapping of deposits, output of
World Machine), and maybe get rid of the camera motion.
Too bad I can't animate the actual erosion process: that would
require a different heightmap for every frame, and automatic
processing by HDRShop... makes me think of the Arexx days.

You might be able to batch process the format change with pfstools:
http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/pfstools/

Jean-Sebastien: now that I think of it, no wonder it felt to you like
a medication overdose; I've been working on hospital animations for
two months. Apparently I can't get it out of my system :)

Here's an idea that mimics Vue's Ecosystem: is it possible (or easy
to implement) to paste objects on a surface according to a VSL
channel? A kind of Scope, but scope of objects' distribution (or 3d
particles). Paint hairs or trees by VSL! Can it be done?

tnx,
Mark H