Well, the difference is that you can´t choose to pay taxes or not, you HAVE to
pay them.
You can choose to buy or leave a software though.

And how big a part of your modelling process sculpting is, very much depends on
what you´re doing.
Character-Modelling - sculpting is important.
Architectural Visualization - sculpting is negligible.

But I have to say that even I grow somehow tired of this discussion.
Vesa obviously choose not to answer some basic questions, and that makes
battling over RS3Ds direction or future features pretty useless.
RS3D will not improve without Realsofts will to improve it.
And I see that will less than ever; sadly.

I mean, Vesa, would it be that hard to just give us a five-sentence sneakpeak
into what you´re planning to do with the homepage, for example?
Or into what you´re planning for RS3D itself?
I guess it wouldn´t.
But still,

best regards

Martin