Hey guys,

I'd like to comment on one thing regarding Realsofts modeling. In fact, the
modeling toolset for Realsoft is far more unified than any of the general 3d
applications. For modeling tasks, I see Realsoft as a complete application.
Please guys don't compare Realsofts modeling functionality to sculpting and
high
detail mesh and painting apps. If you use Autodesk products, as I do along with
Realsoft, you will find that Maya ships with a powerful but completely
disparate
set of tools for modeling. When you want to sculpt and paint - you use a sculpt
and paint program such as Mudbox. You get hold of the 'suite' of tools and get
on with the job.

I think the useful comparisons should be between something like Maya, and it's
modeling toolset, and Realsofts. That would be a helpful and useful discussion
think - and I'd be glad to enter it. The two software are at heart similar
sorts
of beasts, and Realsoft, at least in terms of modeling does in my opinion
compete, and arguably surpass in this area, against the best of the general 3d
apps.

When Realsoft developed version 4, both the nurbs and SDS/Poly modeling toolset
arrived in a far advanced revision from previous versions. I thought at the
time
especially the SDS/Poly was far more than any other general 3d applications
modeling toolset on the market. I got to know the features well and had the
best
experience ever doing beta testing. I think that strength still stands.
Realsoft
is currently completely useable as a professional modeling tool in any game,
film or high end studio. I would like to see a fully complete fbx import export
for Realsoft to fully utilise that aspect.

Realsofts strength will always be in it's unified design. The modeling toolset
is completely unified, functionality is very complete, and the system is
robust.
This unification of powerful tools does extend to other areas of the software,
but that's another discussion ..

Regards,
Kristian