On 10/09/2014 22:56, Konrad Zuse wrote:
>> Forum? Are you posting to user@shiro.a.o via some mechanism other than
>> e-mailing the list directly?
>
> shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com is the forum I am referring to, as I said I
> couldn't get on the mailing list, so this is the next best thing.

I suspected you were using Nabble.

>> I've checked and you are subscribed to the allow list which means you
>> can post but you won't receive e-mail.
>
> Weird, is there is a reason why I cannot receive the emails?

That is how the allow group works. If you are in the allow group you can
post to the list but you don't receive e-mails. It is intended for
things like folks who post from multiple addresses but only want to get
one copy of the emails from the mailing list.

>> I wonder if the fact you are subscribed to the allow list means the
>> normal subscription fails.
>
> Not too sure, I tried everything that I could on the list, and nothing, so I
> gave up for awhile until I was subscribed to this very simply.  After the
> confirmation email I got a welcome subscribed email to Commons which I did
> not to Shiro.

Strange.

>> Without knowing which e-mail address you sent that to, I can't comment.
>
> It was one of the list owners emails, I could go find it if needed, but it's
> in that list somewhere.

No matter.

http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact

>> I'm on the infra team so I can help you in this instance.
>
> Thanks for your time and help I appreciate it greatly!
>
>> I've removed you from the user-allow list and subscribed you to the user
>> list. Enjoy the extra e-mail in your inbox :)
>>
>> Mark
>
> What's the difference between the allow and the regular list?

See above.

Cheers,

Mark