> > I think for that the TimelineIndex interface would have to be extended to
> be able to hold additional data so that you can do compound
> queries<
> http://docs.neo4j.org/chunked/milestone/indexing-lucene-extras.html#indexing-lucene-compound
> it and get exactly the functionality you're asking for with only one
> index. Another way is to just copy the LuceneTimeline code and roll this
> yourself, it's really small, mostly one-liners for each implemented method.

Alternatively just role your own graph-tree structure that provides the same
capabilities. Then you can index any combination of properties together, to
suite your planned queries. This is obviously much more work than Mattias
suggestion, and does require that you know more about your domain (ie. less
general). But it does allow you to inspect the index itself with graph
traversals, gremlin or neoclipse, which is not possible with lucene.