Hi Enrique,    Please see my comments below.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Enrique Ruibal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hello Mridul. with regard to your comments below:
>
> >    This is fairly simple.  Any service or digital product is a non
> >shippable item, so it can be fulfilled as soon as it has been ordered.
> Just
> >think about some membership product on an online store of a Club.  If a
> user
> >orders such product, and provides the required billing information like
> >Credit Card etc, then we can at the same moment fulfill his order by
> >capturing the payment from his credit card, and therefore at same time
> >invoice is generated and its status is updated to PAID as well.
> >    But this does not apply for general inventory products which are
> >shippable items.  First the order is created by the customer, which need
> >be than approved by the CSR.  You need to check if the product is
> available
> >in the inventory, then pick, pack and ship.  This is a simple abstract of
> >the complete process, may be I have missed out something.
>
> >  Since the logic of fulfillment is different for such products, than
> >obviously different business rules will be applied to them.
>
> I see your point, but what if:
>
> 1) A customer places a multi-line item order containing several finished
> 'inventory goods' as well as some service items WITHIN THE SAME ORDER,
> shouldn't ofbiz business logic be able to handle this nicely?

    I tried this out and was successful at that.  I added one service
product and one general inventory product and created an order for that.
 The digital Item got fulfilled when I created the order and the inventory
item was in approves status.  Only one invoice was generated for them.  Now
I quick shipped entire order and was again successful at that.  The
inventory product that I ordered was in completed status and the order as
well.  But the change I saw was that now there were two invoice for the same
order, one for digital product and the other for inventory product.  Didn't
get any errors at all.  I think this logic is handled pretty well in OFBiz.
 At this point I would like to ask you that are you using the latest version
of OFBiz?

> 2) The CSR needs to place some service orders required by customers
> without
> an upfront payment, I mean in many cases there is no credit card or a
> check
> paid on advance, and this is a pretty common business situation too.

    I think all these situations are handled in OFBiz and you may need to
explore it well.  Go through the ProductStore entity and the Demo Data it
contains using webtools.  You can find this data in
ecommerce/data/DemoProduct.xml as well.  There you can find lots of fields
which can be used to manage the Order Process.  For example, there is a
field autoApproveOrder which can be set to Y if you want to automatically
approve the order when it is created.  There are some fields to control
invoicing too.  You can use the perfect combination for you while defining
your own ProductStore.
    Finally I would like to suggest you to follow the back end logic for the
order processing and get a better understanding of what is happening there.
 Go through the requests, events called on these requests, eca's triggered
on different service events, etc.  This will take a lot of time, but I think
that will help you to understand the process well and use it perfectly
according to your requirements.