Jacques

From: "Christopher Snow" <sno...@snowconsulting.co.uk>
Hi Babu,

1) I found this very frustrating too.
2) I requested the site to be indexed by google, but in the meantime I always do my search from the search box on www.ofbiz.org. Make sure to prefix your search term with 'ofbiz' so you don't get back stuff from all apache projects. 3 & 4) I was amazed at how much stuff gets repeatedly answered on the forum. My contribution is that I put a page on the FAQ
whenever I get help clarifying how to do something.

Cheers,

Chris

bsreekanth wrote:
Hello,
   this is my first post to the group, and learning Ofbiz the hard way
(debugging through code, following the Beginner's Development Guide, Packet book, Data modelling etc.). Though everyone desire to have more documents etc, it is amazing the contribution mainly by few individuals. Few things I
noted,
1. rather than the lack of information, I was stuck with the mix of
old//outdated and current info, which lead to distrust and extra effort. 2. The documents are not indexed correctly, and cannot
navigate from the
main wiki page. I got the below link through another website, during google
search.
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/How+to+Setup+a+Company
not sure how relevant, but the point is it is wasted effort by the author,
and someone needed the info.
3. It is amazing the level of help people get through the forum. I have seen almost all questions were answered on the same day. At the same time, it would be much effortless if we had a properly indexed documentation. Rather
than explaining things over and over, we should be able to point to the
correct section in the manual. It also help many people, if the mentor
doesn't see the relevant information in the document, to add the content
himself or raise a (Jira) issue for that.
4. I myself collecting information regarding the data model, making notes during my learning etc. It would be easy for me to add the content if we have a skeleton of required information as mentioned by Matt. It would be
great if someone senior in the group can just start with an index page.
thanks,
Babu.