Thank you Sharon,
I guess what I was asking was what setups in ofbiz need to be made to see
P.O.
You have in your tutorial how to do it for a sale (using ecomerce).
I was able to do that tutorial and see the accounts updated in the trial
balance (even with a sale using Order entry).

What I need to see in the GL is activity involving physical inventory
varience (available through facility).
Also I need to see purchase orders (us buying stuff) the way I see sales.

I am not 100% sure it posts physical inventory variances to the GL (but I
dont see how it can not and still do accounting).

If I study your example a bit (ran through it again yesterday) maybe it will
sink in how you get from sales order to GL, and I can figure out what needs
to be configured for physical variance and P.O.

-----
Joel Fradkin