Hi Joel

Here's what I can quickly put together for you so hope it helps.

*Setting up the chart of accounts for managing purchase orders*
*Global GL Accounts: Invoice Item Types*
On a global level you can setup the invoice item types (Look for the
purchase invoice ones – they are the ones that start PINVOICE or PINV). You
can setup the account that each line item type will map to.

*Organization GL Settings : Purchase Invoice*
At an organisation level check that the default invoice item types are being
brought through from the global setup by checking the “Purchase Invoice” GL
Account default.  (I’m assuming that your Sales Invoice default already
contains some mappings) .

I did find an error with the demo data purchase invoice setup. The details
of the Jira are here.

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5641>

Essentially don’t map a purchase product invoice line to the Inventory
Account. Map it instead to      Uninvoiced Item  Receipts (or else your
accounting figures will be wrong).

*GL Account Type Default*
Here you will probably need to setup a mapping for the following:

-Accounts Payable
-Accounts Payable Unapplied Payments
-Inventory
-Inventory Item Value Adjustment
*
Payment Type / GL Account ID*
Map Vendor Payment to Accounts Payable – Unapplied Payment

*Variance Reason Account ID Default*
This is where you map which account to use if you have a variance due to
damage, theft or overstock. Your manual adjustments should work.  (NOTE: In
Facility when you do a physical inventory variance, you enter the reason
code and this should link to the account you mapped). I dont see any reason
why the chart shouldnt be updated on an manual adjustment - so hopefully
OFBiz should track this for you.

In the demo they have an Inventory Shrinkage account that they use except
for the Sample that is marketing/promotion

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Sharan