Wendy Smoak wrote:

From: "Terry Roe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My main problem is finding accurate, up-to-date information.  This
mailing list is a good source, but the noise level is high and it's easy
to miss important information.  Could someone provide some insight into
the strategy used for updating information on the Struts site?  Also,
any tips about getting the latest and most accurate information would be
greatly appreciated.

The Struts site gets updated just like the Struts source code-- when the
volunteers who maintain it find the time. And fixing the code is more
important than fixing the website. I actually prefer that 1.2.2 remains on
the site, IIRC the problems with it aren't earth shattering and it will
encourage more people to move up from 1.1. Version 1.2.4 should be ready
soon enough.

To stay informed, just keep reading here, and polish your mail filtering
skills. One step ahead of that is monitoring the developers' list. If you
filter out all the CVS and Wiki commits it's fairly low-volume, and that's
where the real stuff happens.

This is open source-- things can be a little messy at times, but the end
result is amazing.  Enjoy the show, answer some questions, ask some more,
it'll get done when it gets done.

Try as you might... you're not going to change the culture here. We like it
this way. ;)

Also, I'm pretty sure that they accept documentation updates the same way they accept code updates. (Assuming they agree with what you type)

I think the reason 1.2.4 is not mentioned on the announcements page yet is that it is not an official release yet - it was just released so users/developers could test it out, and then the committers will vote on whether to make it a release. Once it gets voted on, it will go to the announcements page.

The announcements page is just a list of announcements, not a "what to download" type page. 1.2.2 is listed on their because it was at one point released as GA. (Whether there should be another announcement for its withdrawal is another question...) I wouldn't think stuff should be removed from it. (You can't change history :) )

Anyways, the Acquiring page does list 1.1 as the "best" live version for now, and 1.2.4 as the best "dev" version.

I agree with Wendy, if you want up to the second information on what is going on in Struts development, subscribe to the development list.

Matt