struts Dude wrote:

Hello,

Just want to get some advice on buying a book.

I have the book 'Struts in Action' already, thinking of buying the other book
'Programming Jakarta Struts' 2nd editn to complement it.

Now is this a waste of $ ?? What does someone who have both books think. BTW,
I am not experienced Struts developer yet. I am afraid both books might cover
too much of the same materials.

I got tempted of buying this book after I download the storefront application for the book
'Programming Jakarta Struts' and kind of impressed by it and because it cover JSF.

Thanks

Heh, Struts Dude,

I personally think this is a great book. There are lots of good books on Struts out there. Nothing, in my opinion, beats actually reading the code. The documentation just does not do the code justice. Stay away, in my opinion, from the weak code in the Struts framework. Learn the essentials, the taglibs and the related commons classes.

Michael McGrady