Paul Benedict wrote:
Sorry Jonathan this is happening to you. It's really inappropriate
what was done. If somebody doesn't like you or your opinions, this isn't a way to treat another person regardless, if this is really a spoof. But you did come down hard on some people and I think, while it is no excuse to the spooffer, it may have triggered some malevolence I'd rather avoid too.

Well, of course. Who wouldn't want to avoid this?

What you're saying, Paul, seems incredibly unworthy. You are putting blame for this on me, the victim, because I should have known well enough to censor myself, and not express certain legitimate political opinions. That, presumably, would be the way to avoid having people start with the character assasination tactics.

Do keep your eye on the ball, Paul. These people have had every chance to respond to my points via legitimate debate and they chose not to.

And then they start this stuff. Yet you are trying to extract some kind of moral equivalence out of this.

Well, maybe you got ruined by being exposed to too much moral relativism and other sophistry in college.
ยด
Regards,

Jonathan Revusky

 -- Paul

--- Jonathan Revusky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Larry Meadors wrote:

Hi, Larry. How is the weather in Tampa Bay, today?

I don't know exactly where your talents lie, but you're not very good at identity spoofing.

Don't do this any more. This has got to be abuse of the apache.org systems (and all the ones in between) writing posts and signing my name to them. This could get to be a serious matter.

Also, this business of James Mitchell posting a private message from 4 days ago in order to re-ignite a flame war that was already over -- I mean, this is just too much.

You know, I have debated fair and square and made legitimate points in my posts. I do not recall you ever trying to debate with me. I guess that's too hard to do. It's easier to do this kind of thing.

This is a recurring theme here. It's really like it's too hard to keep developing your own code base. It's much easier to get a competing project to give you their code and for that to be called Struts rather than do your own work.

This whole community is such a travesty, it's beyond belief.

Jonathan Revusky

P.S. Larry, in your spoof below, it's like you haven't even yet realized that I am not a Webwork guy. Look on http://freemarker.org/poweredBy.html and you'll see. Webwork is just one of many frameworks that uses FreeMarker for the view. That's it.

So writing a spoof in which I sing the praises of Webwork makes no sense. You should devote some energy instead of doing this silliness to get your ahead around what is going on this application space.

I just wanted to apologize to everyone for my arrogant behavior recently.

I do understand that Struts isn't so bad. Times have been tough for me lately and I think I acted out on this list because of it. None of the girls ever spoke to me in high school and the jocks would always beat me up and take my lunch money. But I'm ok now because I'm the lead developer on Freemarker! And Freemarker is awesome!! The only thing close to it in its awesomness is

WebWork.

I know Struts is really made of poo poo and I'm just incredibly awesome, but I don't want you to all take it so personal and I'm sorry you guys all did. I'm only after honest answers - seriously - really that's all I really wanted. I know WebWork is my god and some day when I'm king of the FreeMarkeropia universe the girls will give me a second chance. You'll see. All of you!! Even Mr Evans the gym teacher will see that I'm awesome.

Oh and just one more thing, don't forget: "WebWork rules! and Struts users Drool!!" Ha Ha

Regards,

Jonathan Master of Freemarker and soon to be Ruler of FreeMarkeropia.