> Or, alternatively, don't use the internal artemis anymore, and only rely
on the external. That is probably even more work.

Assuming you're using managed resources (e.g. MDBs for consuming and
pooled-connection-factory for sending) and don't have connection
configuration details littered through your code then switching completely
to an external broker should actually be pretty simple - just a matter of
changing a bit of XML.

In any case, I think the underlying issue with MQTT + Wildfly is probably
fairly simple.  It's just a matter of setting aside some time to reproduce
the issue and dig into it.  You could, of course, crack open the broker in
the debugger yourself and take a peek.  This is open-source after all.
Contributions are always welcome.

Justin