The Artemis integration code for Wildfly is in the Wildfly project [1].

The problem you hit in Wildfly 11.0.0.CR1 looks odd to me.  The
class io.netty.handler.codec.mqtt.MqttEncoder from Netty 4.1.9.Final (which
ships in Wildfly) does, in fact, contain the field "INSTANCE" so I'm not
sure why you would be getting this exception unless there was something odd
going on with the classloading or something.

Also, the integration instructions in the WFLY-9372 JIRA say to
copy netty-codec-mqtt-5.0.0.Alpha2.jar into
the org.apache.activemq.artemis.protocol.mqtt module, but that shouldn't be
necessary in Wildfly 11.0.0.CR1 as the io.netty module already contains
those classes.  I also don't see why
the org.apache.activemq.artemis.protocol.mqtt module would need
dependencies on javax.jms.api, javax.api, or org.slf4j.

Justin

[1] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly (see the "messaging-activemq" module)