Hi,

The first step is at least the client support, similar to what have been done
on OpenEJB:

https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/master/container/openejb-core/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/resource/activemq/jms2

<https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/master/container/openejb-core/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/resource/activemq/jms2>

This allow TomEE to work with ActiveMQ using JMS 2.0.

So, the proposal is to have a two steps work:

1. Support JMS 2.0 client side, it will help in tomee, karaf, etc
2. Step by step implement server side support

IMHO, 1 would be good step forward already and it works fine for a while in
tomee. It will already allow us to update the spec.

Regards
JB