Tim Larson wrote:

David Leangen wrote:
[X ]  A. I think that we should show users the "best" way
        to get up and running with Cocoon.

[X ]  B. I think that we should show users all the options
        possible and let them decide the best approach.

[ ] C. Yeah, whatever. Either way is good for me.
Peace, man!

Have a track that shows the "best" way(s) depending on the
context where they are used, but also link to docs for all
the other options. This way we give clear guidance while
also documenting everything we have. Remember that a new
context could develop where what is "best" changes to one
of the other options.

If you really want cocoon to catch up on usage numbers, then you ***have*** to keep it simple for begginers, and simple means not a myriad of options: Right now, starting with our beloved framework is a a big headache .

Both the wiki and the userdocs are tecnology oriented, not user oriented. It's quite normal, because they are written by developes for developers, but we have to try an place a red carpet on the door so unexperienced java and web developers, and people who just don't have the time can learn what a great technology this is.
Some people, those who need it or simply like tinkering arround, will want to keep on learning new tricks and ways once they understand the basics, and they should have the docs and samples available, just as they are now.. but that would be a second phase of the learning curve.. Right now is so steep I think we should break it in two parts.

I just don't want cocoon to suffer the betamax curse. I owned a Sony Betamax, an Amiga, an Apple.. maybe It's just that I want to be on the winners side for once. :)