Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Le 4 mai 04, à 18:39, Nacho Jimenez a écrit :

... The average user does not give a shiling about JXTemplates, JXPath, JEXL or whatever load of letters we decide to acronymize today.

The user wants to know how can he set up his ubercool website accessing XML documents and SQL data with the mimimum of fuss, and hence, the document he is looking for is a step by step guide to do that....

What you're describing is only one of the many use-cases of Cocoon. The beauty of this framework (which is also what can make it difficult to grasp) is that there are so many different ways to use it.

Ask five people what Cocoon is, you might well get six answers ;-)

I know that, of course, but for new users to learn about cocoon, a guided tour of a bunch of common cases would make life a lot easier.

Once they learn their way arround they can use all the flexibility of this framework, but I think many people finds too step a learning curve and leaves before even trying.