On 6/29/06, Ryan Pendergast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am trying to setup caching for my 2.2.2 Apache Proxy server.  How do you
setup the server to cache all forward proxy requests?

By looking at the CacheEnable example in the documentation it seems as if I
would have to enable it for every protocol.  Also the current documentation
is a bit misleading -
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_cache.html#cacheenable
states:

 # Cache proxied url's
 CacheEnable disk /

This however will not cache proxied urls will it? A proxy request does not
come in the form of 'Get /' - it comes in the form of 'GET http://'
(<protocol>://).  I can see the above example caching requests to / and
below that are setup via ProxyPass but not forward proxy.

Can I do something like this:

CacheEnable disk ://

Will this cover every protocol that forward proxy handles? Thanks.

I believe that "/" is a special case that catches everything, proxy or
not.  (I haven't actually tried it myself, but it should be easy
enough to try it out and see if it works.)

Joshua.