Hi Jeff,

I would agree except the current audience using my
portal is from all over the world so performance &
size of data is critical. Also with an upcoming GA
release the inital audience may be higher than a
million or so and grow hopefully quickly from there.
The system is using an RIA client to reduce the stress
on the servers but the goal is to have the worlds
fastest least expensive portal.

I have already gotten comments from clients thousands
of miles away from the server of how the performance
is such that the clients think the data from my server
is faster than off a local hard drive.

That only happened because of the performance was
considered as important as the functionality and still
is as you can tell.

Good point for most systems.

Regards,
Tony Anecito, Founder