I agree about latency and have tested for that all the
way to Europe and Asia. I did find a latency of 31ms
from my server to over 700 miles. I think the worst I
saw was still under 1 second.
Since my packet size typcally is under 1500 bytes
31msec is very much not an issue at this point but the
number requests at the server is my focus.

Thanks,
-Tony