Then I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish. You can't change the number of requests per second by tuning, you can only affect how many processes are running at one time competing for and using resources. The lower the response time the less processes however the response time will include the entire network, not just your server as the connection is open until the TCP connection is torn down and the server has a process for every connection. With memory prices what they are there's really no excuse for not just putting 4 GB of memory in the machine if that's what it's going to take. Memory prices start at about $30 USD/GB right now.

--
Michael Conlen