This EXACTLY what I need....

I believe he wanted something like "Apache should return the appropriate
homepage, on the base of the UID the user used to login on the PC".
I don't really think we're talking about LDAP or SQL here..

There is no LDAP or SQL involved. The reason I mentioned PHP is in case
there was a way to attack the problem through a PHP script. I also have
MySQL installed and operational.

My family members and I use the same PC in our study (when not on their
iMacs and laptops). This is primarily the system I use so I have created
several web pages with links to everything I use or don't want to have to
remember and add bookmarks for. Now when one of the family members login
with their Windows ID and call up FireFox (don't use and can't stand IE) I
would like for there to be a way to have their own "home" page on this
system.