On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 16:40:00 +0200, A. Soroka <aj...@virginia.edu> wrote:

On Apr 4, 2017, at 10:25 AM, baran...@gmail.com wrote:

what kind of problems do you see, i have a local Fuseki server running downloaded nt-Dbpedia datasets, which i regulary actualize.
That doesn't really help anyone compare Jena and Virtuoso, does it? :)
Ofcourse it does, if you run those datasets as a public Fuseki-endpoint like Virtuoso...

At which point you have the same problem I named before. Unless the resourcing for those public endpoints is the same, you don't have a real comparison at all.

Dbpedia-dataset is a relative small one, with a bit good-will cooperation i see there no prblems, otherwise you can forget the idea of Semantic Web, but you did it already, i think...

I'm sorry, I am a bit confused; are you able to volunteer some time or resources to this purpose? What you would like the Jena team to do to help _you_ implement this idea?
Jena Team should run A REFERENCE PUBLIC ENDPOINT and say to the world 'here we are', this is not my job, it has something to do with 'credibility' of the actual develepement...

I don't know if this is always quite clear, so it sometime bears remarking; the Jena team (like all Apache efforts) is an all-volunteer group. No one is paid by Apache to work on Jena. If you would like to take your idea forward, let's talk about how to do that. If you just want someone else to implement it for you, it is not the job of anyone on this list to do so, so we can end this conversation.

Why not, ofcourse we can end it, if you see no other way, you say, make it yourself.

But the USERS spended so many time in this environment and they have a right to say, what they think the right way is and i am sure to run an official Fuseki-'Reference' public endpoint is a very harmless and for everyone comprehensible suggestion...

baran