On 04/02/2018 12:58 PM, home user via users wrote:
... socat -v tcp-l:143 openssl:your.mail.server:993
1. What do I put in for "your.mail.server"?  As far as I know, I don't have one.  or is
that "imap.mail.yahoo.com"?

Whatever you currently have as the imap server for the mail account. Probably that address.

Then create an account in Evolution that connects to imap (not imaps) at
"localhost".
2. I don't fully understand.  What am I putting in what field?  Is the account
I'm to create in Evolution one that already exists somewhere or one that
doesn't yet exist anywhere?

You could just replace the hostname listed above with "localhost" and change it from imaps (or imap with ssl) to just imap with no ssl.