On 04/05/2018 08:48 AM, home user via users wrote:
I think I got it.  The log file is a mere 15 thousand lines long, and is loaded
with private information.  How do I quickly and easily cut this down to a
reasonable size?

Maybe try the other method with Evolution's logging?

Otherwise, try to find out where it's accessing the email that caused the problem. If you use "less" to view the file, you can use the "/" key to search for a specific bit of text from that email.

Another option is to extract just the commands that Evolution sends.
Run "grep -A1 '^>' logfile > tempfile". That should be easier to sanitize and will probably also have enough information.