Allegedly, on or about 5 April 2018, Samuel Sieb sent:
> Yes, as I suspected, Evolution just grabs the whole message instead
> of asking the server about the different parts.  I think that means
> that Thunderbird would be able to show the message without
> downloading any large attachments, but Evolution will not show the
> message until the whole thing is downloaded.  Anyway, the Yahoo IMAP
> implementation apparently doesn't like what Thunderbird is asking for
> and chokes.

While I know that an IMAP server *can* be asked to send the message
(text portion) and separately deal with attachments (ignore or fetch),
I understood this to be a rarely implemented feature (on client or
server).  And I'd be rather surprised that it would work with a large
mail with numerous sections/attachments (such as MIME digest mail).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 4.15.10-200.fc26.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Mar 15 17:14:41 UTC 2018 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.
There is no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see

Linux servers are always being dæmonised...