On 04/05/2018 12:12 PM, home user via users wrote:
I went the grep route.  As best as I can determine, all personal e-mail addresses have been
replaced with "[e-mail address]", all passwords have been replaced with
"[password]", and my ip addresses are not in the file.  I fpasted it:

I forgot that the regexp would also pick up quoted lines.  :-)

As I recall, we're trying to compare Thunderbird and Evolution regarding two
problems:
* many Fedora users list digests appear to have empty bodies when displayed in
Thunderbird.  This seems to occur randomly.
* messages are very slow to download in Thunderbird.
I hope this log confirms posters' suspicions as to the causes, and provides
further clues about what's happening.

Yes, as I suspected, Evolution just grabs the whole message instead of asking the server about the different parts. I think that means that Thunderbird would be able to show the message without downloading any large attachments, but Evolution will not show the message until the whole thing is downloaded. Anyway, the Yahoo IMAP implementation apparently doesn't like what Thunderbird is asking for and chokes.

You could try to contact Yahoo about it, but I don't have a lot of hope that they would care.

You could file a request with Thunderbird to provide an option to just download the whole thing instead of trying to be smart about it.