Hey there,

H via Users wrote:
>Little Girl via Users wrote:

>>Make Home and End keys go to beginning and end of displayed line
>>rather than wrapping to another line:
>>
>>1. Open the "Edit" menu.
>>2. Choose "Preferences".
>>3. Choose the "Keybindings" tab.
>>4. Double-click "Go to Start of Line".
>>5. Press the "Alt" and "Home" keys at the same time.
>>6. Left-click the "OK" button. Click "Override" if you get a warning
>>that that key combination is already in use.
>>7. Double-click "Go to End of Line".
>>8. Press the "Alt" and "End" keys at the same time.
>>9. Left-click the "OK" button. Click "Override" if you get a warning
>>that that key combination is already in use.
>>10. Double-click "Go to Start of Display Line".
>>11. Press the "Home" key.
>>12. Left-click the "OK" button.
>>13. Double-click "Go to End of Display Line".
>>14. Press the "End" key.
>>15. Left-click the "OK" button.
>>16. Left-click the "Apply" button.
>>17. Left-click the "OK" button.
>
>Looking at the modification you made, it seems that it does
>accomplish the desired result.

Yeah, it definitely does. It's just swapping out those two pairs of
keybindings.

>I am surprised that this would not be part of standard geany
>behavior.

Things like that are developer decisions. I never mind those as long
as I'm given the power to override them, and Geany is polite and lets
me do that.

>Also, being able to select an entire paragraph could be a
>useful feature.

It seems we have it with that key-combination you posted, but I
suppose it might be nice to have it as a toolbar button.

>Thank you for sharing your modification, I will try it.

I hope you like it.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.