On 03/09/2024 04:12 PM, Little Girl via Users wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> H via Users wrote:
>> Little Girl via Users wrote:
>>> Make Home and End keys go to beginning and end of displayed line
>>> rather than wrapping to another line:
>>>
>>> 1. Open the "Edit" menu.
>>> 2. Choose "Preferences".
>>> 3. Choose the "Keybindings" tab.
>>> 4. Double-click "Go to Start of Line".
>>> 5. Press the "Alt" and "Home" keys at the same time.
>>> 6. Left-click the "OK" button. Click "Override" if you get a warning
>>> that that key combination is already in use.
>>> 7. Double-click "Go to End of Line".
>>> 8. Press the "Alt" and "End" keys at the same time.
>>> 9. Left-click the "OK" button. Click "Override" if you get a warning
>>> that that key combination is already in use.
>>> 10. Double-click "Go to Start of Display Line".
>>> 11. Press the "Home" key.
>>> 12. Left-click the "OK" button.
>>> 13. Double-click "Go to End of Display Line".
>>> 14. Press the "End" key.
>>> 15. Left-click the "OK" button.
>>> 16. Left-click the "Apply" button.
>>> 17. Left-click the "OK" button.
>> Looking at the modification you made, it seems that it does
>> accomplish the desired result.
> Yeah, it definitely does. It's just swapping out those two pairs of
> keybindings.
>
>> I am surprised that this would not be part of standard geany
>> behavior.
> Things like that are developer decisions. I never mind those as long
> as I'm given the power to override them, and Geany is polite and lets
> me do that.
>
>> Also, being able to select an entire paragraph could be a
>> useful feature.
> It seems we have it with that key-combination you posted, but I
> suppose it might be nice to have it as a toolbar button.
>
>> Thank you for sharing your modification, I will try it.
> I hope you like it.

I know that in paragraph when writing documents would be up to the next CR/LF,
however, I used the term paragraph differently, referring to a block of code
preceded by an empty line and followed by an empty line. I have not seen a key
combination for that, nor an entry in keybindings.