Hey there,

H via Users wrote:

>Tried your modification but it still does not work properly.

I'm sorry. I had high hopes that it would.

>Could I ask you try to select an entire line using SHIFT-ALT-L, then
>extend your selection one or more lines down using SHIFT-downarrow
>but then change your mind and instead extend the selection one or
>more lines up using SHIFT-L going above your original selection.
>Does this work?

I saw your other message in which you corrected this to say that I
should press Shift+Alt+L to select a paragraph, then change
my mind, and then press Shift+up arrow to try to select lines above
the existing selection. That slowly unselects my existing selection,
one line at a time, and then starts selecting one line at a time of
text above it.

>And, does it work regardless of whether the lines below/above your
>original selection are longer than your original selected line?

I thought I'd answer this for all of these selections. The Shift+A+L
selects the entire paragraph. The Shift+down arrow and the Shift+up
arrow each select one visible line at a time, not one wrapped line,
so my cursor jumps down or up by only one line each time time I press
the down arrow or up arrow. It doesn't care about the content and
whether it should be considered a line because it's wrapped. It's only
interested in the actual visible lines.

>Which version of geany are you running and what environment?

I'm using Geany 1.38 under Kubuntu 22.04 LTS on a desktop computer
and I keep the operating system fully up-to-date. All of its software
is from the Ubuntu repositories.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.