> I've basically given up on Maven for the time being. My impression
> of the state of the project is that it should not be in beta, the
> quality is more like that of an alpha-status project.

We didn't force you to try Maven. It is regrettable that you wasted
some of your time, but this fact does not entitle you to waste our
time by flaming us this way.

This is a community effort. There is plenty of ways you could contribute
to it, but the sort of criticism you are giving is certainly not one
of them.

R.