On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, [iso-8859-1] Gušlaugur Stefįn Egilsson wrote:

> I would like to contribute to this project, and I certainly will
> if I find the time, since it shows enormous promise (and does
> deliver on it if you spend enough time on getting around its
> problems). But I repeat, that the impression on me is that Maven
> will not be adopted by people working under heavy time constraints,
> as most of us are.

Hey, I criticise it too. Constructive criticism is useful.

It sounds like the problem you have is that you're trying something new
out on a time-critical piece of work. That's always going to be dangerous,
be it Ant, Fortran or Maven.

If you have any simple reusable libraries, I've found these to be useful
for playing with Maven. Also, don't try to enforce your own style of doing
things on Maven. Life is simpler if you go with the standard way of
structure files etc. Lastly, when you hit a problem, post it to the list.
Someone usually pops up with the answer.

Hen