On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 01:05 pm, Ben Walding wrote:
> The rationale is this:
>
> If you have src/java and src/test, then where do you put resources for
> testing?
>
> eg: src/resources, src/test-resources

One school of thought suggests that no test should NEVER require resources
external to the TestCase. You can always use Mock objects or manually
construct pre-conditions for test, run the test and then test the output.

External resources for unit tests are only required if there is badly written
code or badly written tests. While I previously used to litter my unit tests
with other resources I now think it is a really bad idea. Can you give an
example where there is a good reason to have resources associated with unit
tests?

(Integration tests are another thing entirely).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald