* Michal Maczka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-10-30 09:27]:

> I am also for
>
> src/main/java
> and
> src/test/java
>
> Imagine we will have test code written in python or ... groovy
>
> it seems to be more natural: to have (subjective opinion)
> src/test
>         java
>         jython
>         groovy

To test Java I use a framework that is a mixture of xml and java, so
my test directories currently look like:

src/test/junit
         xfixture

Thus, I concur.

> Note that it is also questionable what for we need : src/main/resources

> I rather use structure:
> src/main/java
>             schema (db schema)
>             conf
>             antlr
>             castor
>             javacc
>             webapp
>
> in place of:
>
> src/main/java
>            /resources
>                 db-schema
>                  conf
>           /webapp

In your example above where does the acutal Java source go?

I'm still trying to sort out where to put my junit resources, since
I am still learning about Maven. (Quite a few failed tests right
now.) I'm used to just keeping them next mixed in with the Java
source for they classes that will getResource() them.

--
Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu - [EMAIL PROTECTED]