> > Imagine we will have test code written in python or ... groovy
> >
> > it seems to be more natural: to have (subjective opinion)
> > src/test
> >         java
> >         jython
> >         groovy
>
> To test Java I use a framework that is a mixture of xml and java, so
> my test directories currently look like:
>
> src/test/junit
>          xfixture
>
> Thus, I concur.

Take a look at Plexus and how XML files are there mixed with Java :). Just
other possibility....

[off topic]
I also think that eventually other tests (not junit tests) shall deserve
separate projects.
This will make whole thing consistent with the rule "three source trees per
projects". 3 =  java + test + aspects
(how to structure sources of aspects in case of different framwork then
aspectj it's not so clear to me at the moment)

So I think that functional testing/performance testing should be put to
separate projects.
I think some things can be improved in reactor/multiproject to make such
things easier to use and maintain
So e.g. I would put cactus test cases to separate project.

> src/main/java
> >            /resources
> >                 db-schema
> >                  conf
> >           /webapp
>
> In your example above where does the acutal Java source go?

Accoring to my preferences Java sources go to: ${basedir}src/main/java/

mm