Hi Mark!

It's good to hear something from the original "source" of the plug-in. I
am currently evaluating whether we are using maven for C projects or
not. I tried your plug-in by using the helloworldexe project and
immediately got a "build failure" ([INFO] NAR: Please specify <Includes>
as part of <Cpp>, <C> or <Fortran> for x86.Windows.gcc.cpp.).

I know I changed the POM to gcc but it should also compile well.

No matter if you can help me with this issue or not, I can tell you some
requirements for my company of which I am not sure if NAR already
supports it or not and which you might implement if the latter is the
case.

We want to build C project with embedded compilers such as gcc or IAR.
The output could be a intel-hex file, e.g. or other microcontroller
specific formats. We need to specify different compile settings for
release, debug, test and factory-test e.g. That means using cpptest for
test and specifying precompiler defines by using the pom configuration,
if possible (e.g. USE_UART, USE_DISPLAY etc.). As part of the lifecycle,
it would be nice if the "deployment" could mean to upload the binary to
a microcontroller (which would be just a parametrizable call to an
executable).

Maybe, you could give some comments or advises if its already possible
or if it can be achieved by just changing configuration file etc.

Thanks,

Jan