First, let me apologize to the list for being short yesterday, it was entirely born out of have to explain things 4 times and still getting negative feedback that didn't address the issue.

Ryan Sonnek wrote:

whoo now, i don't want to get involved, but i do want to let it be known that since this is an open source project, nothing is stopping you from adding the feature you're asking for. * download the source from cvs
* make the change you're requesting
* submit the change as a patch to JIRA.
* hope that a commiter will take the patch and apply it to the codebase! =)

You are absolutely right and I'll endeavor to do that. However in a messaged dated 06/29/04 09:11 M.M. so much as said it wouldn't be added despite not bothering to look into it, or even understand what "it" was.

I will attempt to create a patch for this and submit it though the "proper" channels, in fact I think there was some code posted to the list that would do the trick, and I'll start with that.

Now, because I no longer trust that at least one developer on this list actually understands how his (and therefor my) system works, is there another developer with commit access that will review the request?

- Brill Pappin