Sounds like you just need read only access, you don't need commit for that.
Commit is to commit changes to CVS.  People usually start out by submitting
patches.  But if you're just doing a review, read only will work.  Everyone
has read only, see the project info page of the maven website.

--
This E-mail is confidential.  It may also be legally privileged.  If you are
not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it.