I missed this earlier - I agree. The biggest advantage I find with Maven over
tools that have adopted its dependency management philosophy is that every
build essentially follows a predictable pattern, rather than being free form. A
new developer automatically knows how to invoke it. That is most definitely not
guaranteed to be true with any other build system that I know of.

So something like:

Maven is a build tool which not only simplifies the common tasks of defining a
build, but also makes it easy for new developers to know how to use the created
build.