I am not sure that you want to start a range war in the opening paragraph.
If there is a concise second or third sentence that clearly explains the difference between Ant and Maven, it would be a great idea to add that. If Gradle is likely to be in the running for a new developer, it might be interesting to have a sentence explaining the difference. Need to be careful not to turn off a new person by an obscure argument that does not address the decision points in a way that a new person would understand.

Ron